Why does he keep doing this?

My DS is almost 4 years old, and as of about two weeks ago, he's started peeing his pants at least once a day! I don't understand why he's doing this. He's usually pretty good about going to the bathroom. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• Totally normal. My 4 yr old does not want to stop what he is doing to go potty.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:02 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Normal. We are going thru this too. Other things are just more interesting than going to the bathroom.

Stop waiting on him to tell you when he has to go...start telling him to go.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I don't know if it's normal, but my dd did it for a while. For whatever reason she would just decided she didn't want to stop what she was doing and go to the bathroom. Luckily for me, that phase didn't last too long.
    Miss_Frog

Answer by Miss_Frog at 12:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• ours was 3YO when he overnight suddenly decided to stop using the potty. In our case, we'd been on a long car trip and he'd had to learn to hold it. This seemed to make him think he could hold it all day long and he'd end up peeing himself, too. Just had to re-train him and tell him when to hold it when it when he need to just go.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'd start paying attention to the times he goes then remind him to go. My oldest daughter never wanted to stop playing long enough to go pee so I had to make sure she did. It didn't take long to get her back on track

Answer by admckenzie at 1:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2010