How do you discourage christmas present snoopers? Ideal hiding places?

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 12:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• HA! I was the BIGGEST SNOOPER!!! My son isn't.
    I would say hide in plain sight...places like the back of the kitchen cabinets (just put the spaghetti pot in the front and take all your other stuff and put it in the garage), lol..... The car trunk. My parents used to put them in the storage area where we kept out of season stuff, with blankets or old clothes on top. I asked friends if I could keep things like a bike or a drum set at their house until the big night!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I gave up,,,honestly. I have teens and I work full time. I stick everything in the garage now in luggage that has a lock on it. The lock stays with me,,,I know, it should be easier then this but its just not
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• We keep everything in our closet, up hig on the storage shelves, until the night before Xmas, when we wrap them and put them under the tree.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• keep them at a friends house or rent a storage for a month if you don't already have one. see if grandma will hold on to them for you.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 12:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• or tell them if you find out they snoop you will take their presents back to the store.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 12:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• For as long as I can remember, I've known my presents. There wasn't anywhere my parents could put them that I wouldn't find them. I would suggest somebody else's house.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I told my 11 year old that we are keeping them at a friends house. Truth is, they are on our closet shelf. She won't even try to snoop.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My kids have respect for rules. They don't go near my closet and aren't allowed in the Master bedroom without us. As far as I know they have never snooped.

My sister and I, on the other hand, were terrible! We'd use a chair to get up to the high closet my mom hid our gifts in. We'd carefully peel back wrapping paper then tape it back up. We also tried to "trap" Santa every year. Good memories =)
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• my daughter is too young but when she gets older I will be hiding the gifts in my trunk, and when she is even older than that, I think I'll be hiding them in the basement (it is always locked and only I have the key)
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 12:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• By returning anything they see to the store. I refuse to hide gifts- I keep them in a clostet and if I ever find out my son peeked they'll be going right back to the store.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2010