Is it to girly?

Lately my two year old been going in the cabinets while I'm cooking and getting pots out and reaching up on the counter and getting seasonings and pretend to cook. I was thinking about buying him a kitchen set for Christmas but everyone I talk to say that its to girly for him to be playing with. what do you guys think?

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 12:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Go ahead. Guys need to learn how to cook too. I just saw a kitchenette at Menards that is tan and green for @ $40
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Tell that to Chef Ramsey, the Naked Chef and all those other great chefs out there that they are girly ;)

Heck no, its not girly. Guys can cook and handle a kitchen too. Don't start teaching your son gender roles (not those anyways).
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Not at all. Think of the famous chefs you know. They're all men. I think kitchens for boys is a great idea. Not only that, but if a boy learns to cook, he hopefully won't be one of those helpless men when he's older. My husband is a much better cook than I am.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No, it's not to girly. I bought my son a kitchen set for Christmas one year. Even my ex husband (who is idiotically homophobic) bought him a kitchen set at his house.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think if someone told me that I'd have to point out how narrowminded they are, lol. Thats completely fibble fabble, boys can play with kitchen sets too!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Heck no... this isnt the olden days where people believe the only person who belongs in the kitchen is a woman LOL My 18 month old has a little kitchen set that makes noises and lights up and he loves it!!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• to add: I HATE that toy stores keep the kitchen and household toys in the girl's section. It not only makes the boys feel awkward but it also implies its girl's job to do those things. And its not.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Zoeyis, I love Gordon Ramsay!
    JulieJacobKyle

• not at all!! besides, if he likes to play with it, who cares!! My daughter has more hotwheels and trucks ("boy toys") then she does girl stuff..its what she wants..and she has a blast with it..so whoooo cares!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Not girly at all!! My male cousins had them and loved it. He is now 16 and super boy!
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2010