Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i go to the doctor?

i found a small lump yesterday.. it is near my armpit area, and it hurts. the only reason i am debating about this, is because i just got a flu shot on three days ago. i thought that this could be related to that, since i never noticed it before...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Health

Answers (5)
  • no I don' tthink its related. I'd get something like that checked out. couls jsut be a blocked or infected sweat gland

    Answer by teri4lance at 4:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • It could be a swollen lymph node. But if you are concerned, by all means give your doctor a call.

    Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • There are all sorts of glands under the armpit that can become irritated or infected and could be that or it could be something entirely different........if its tender to the touch, it is most likely just a swollen gland but if it isnt very sensitive, it could be a sign of breast cancer......better safe than sorry though-I say go in.

    Answer by Tricia19 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • in grown hair maybe?

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • Definatley go to the doctor....swollen lymph nodes can be trouble

    Answer by scaruso08 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.