Is it normal to not gain weight tell ur last month of pregancy

tinkerfreak89

Asked by tinkerfreak89 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I lost weight in the first few months and then maintained my weight until the last two. I was over weight to begin with though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It's not common, but if you know you're eating healthy, and you're not underweight, and your baby is showing all the signs of being healthy, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Truth is, there is a wider range of "normal" than what a lot of doctors will allow.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Every woman grows their baby differently. I knew a lady who lost weight her whole pregnancy, and one woman who only gained 5 pounds. It just depends on your body. As long and your baby is healthy and growing and you know you're taking care of yourself then there's not much to worry about. Ask your OB if it's bothering you too much.
    jmz0707

Answer by jmz0707 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It's fine as long the baby is growing and 1lb per wk. I'm 38wks and stop gaining weight since I found out I have gestation diabete. I only gained 11lbs so far, but the baby is growing so it's fine.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I started losing weight at 34 weeks and had my son at 37! I gained 20, lost 5 so I was only 15 above my pre pregnancy weight.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 3:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2010