After csection, do they put you on special diet?

I don't know if I have to get on special diet or I can eat meals that my mom brings

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nope. They recommend you avoid rich/gassy food because you are already going to have a lot of trapped air from the surgery to get rid of but other than that no rules.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Nope. The only thing they told me was that I couldnt take long showers and no sitting in a bubble bath for a while....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• While I was in the hospital, for the first day(untill air started to go threw, aka, gas, lol) they had me eat things like soup, and jello. It wasnt so bad as felt sorta crappy, but by the next day everything was fine. I think they do that with any sort of sugery, but im not sure.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I was put on a liquid diet the first day or so.Yummy soups,jello and soft foods.AS much as I wanted to eat a real meal i didnt wanna chance it coming out and being ever so painful lol.I have had 2 c sections and was told once you can pass gas you can eat harder foods.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 12:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I had a c-section and was able to eat anything I wanted with no special liquid diet or anything like that....but then again they gave my pills to help release the gas, other than that they just tell you to stay away from a lot of starch and noodles and crap like that, drink cranberry juice if you like it...or apple juice that helps alot too...and if you are having major problems releasing the gas try prune juice...it's nasty but drink it fast!!!
    thutch21

Answer by thutch21 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• they had me on a liquid diet for 2 days in the hospital (I was there for 5 due to complications) but they didnt tell me ANYTHING when I went home. Didnt even check that I had a carseat. I was really on my own, luckily I spent my entire pregnancy reading books about pre and post baby so I prepared myself
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 1:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2010