My husband wants more sex than I am willing to give, what can I do? adult content

I love my husband, but I could careless about having sex. I am never in the mood. I have tired to reach a compromise with him, like 2-3 times a week and that won't cut it. He wants to have sex or some form of it a few times a day. That in itself turns me off, what can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• a few times a day?! boy im lucky if i get once a week right now my husband never seems to be in the mood. hey ill trade yur husband sex drive for my hubbys drive.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• well, 2-3 times a day is unhealthy so first I'd have him see a therapist. Secondly, your lack of desire and disinterest is sex is also probably psychologically based so I'd suggest the same for you. As your husband he should also be understanding of the fact that you aren't that into and he should be happy with what he is getting. I would suggest you both seek help though, because you are both at extremes for this, albeit, opposite ones.
    Good luck!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Ugh! I know what you mean I wish I could tell you something helpful... Like tonight I had suggested we watch some kind of porn only to see if that will get me in the mood atleast through the insides...lol I just can't seem to get in the mood even though he does what he does on the outside of my body. if this works for me I'll let you know. GL I mean sometimes I'll give him a bj just so he'll b happy and leave me alone or give him a quickie he's happy and goes about his business I myself just don't have that flame anymore :(
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i am betting you are more turned off of sex because you feel his 'need' to have it several times a day= you think is unhealthy
    which turns you off
    do you think he is a sex addict?
    does he have any other sexual addictions besides wanting you many times a day-like porn, is he on the computer "playing solitare"
    is he doing other things that are not in the norm for sexual thinking

i am betting he is sex addict, he needs because something lacking in him
    sorry-imo, he needs therapy
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Your husband sounds like he has a problem! He should under no circumstance be pushing you to have that much sex! Even when I was single & dating young guys they didn't want sex that much. You need to tell him to stop begging & to invest more time into making you happy. I bet if he took the time to do the dishes for you, wash the kids, give you time to read a book or if he created a romantic setting in your bedroom you may be more apt to have sex. But still...he may want to talk to someone :( That is WAY too much sex.
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 12:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'm lucky if my husband wants it more than one a month. The only time his sex drive was in full gear and he was coming at me every day was when he was having an affair...something about having two women at once that turned him on...gross!! Gave me a nasty, nasty yeast infection because of it. Anyhow, if it's for the right reasons that he wants you all the time...let's trade hubbies...lol
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You may be experiencing the effects of a vitamin and mineral deficiency. If you want to raise your sex drive, you can try increasing your food sources of essential fatty acids, zinc, iron, B vitamins, magnesium and calcium. Dark green leafy vegetables, dark purple fruits, oily fish like salmon and tuna, nuts, seeds, strawberries and mangoes. Over the course of four to six weeks, you may see improvement in both sex drive ad sexual response.

As far as his needs are concerned, you could compromise by throwing him an "old-fashioned" once in a while.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i understand im there to. i love my man,but after along days work, taking my son to practise,homewark. im looking for me time,my mind & body is drainded.but does he care NO NO NO.why hes a man.SORRY.
    lovelyme9o

Answer by lovelyme9o at 12:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• my husband would love to have sex daily but he can do it with guests there, when house is dirty, when he has not bathed, the list goes on and on. i dont function that way. we compromise on 2-3 times a week. if its expected daily then it would just be a "chore" for me and im not adding, im subtracting chores! it will take compromise just like everything else in marriage. just a thought, is he maybe looking at porn and getting himself riled up daily then expecting you to "take care" of it?
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I can see that you are probably very busy. I have 5 kids myself and they keep me busy (including 1 year old twins) But I do have to say that I don't think women know how important sex is to men. Honestly several times a day may be too much for you but maybe a compromise in between. I think it would be fair to say that if a man posted that his wife wanted to be kissed or cuddled twice a day and he didn't have time or desire to, a lot of women would tell him to love his wife and try to understand her needs. I am not saying do everything he wants but maybe find out why he wants it that often and try to compromise. Maybe find a way to increase your sexual desire. Just saying...
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2010