My 15 year old has a 20 year old boyfriend..

I just found out about him and if I'm being honest I'm livid, what would you do in this situation? And do you think I'm justified in being completely livid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Yeah, she's underage. If they have sex, he could get busted for statutory rape.
    Anonymous

• I would get him arrested - she doesnt need him using her - Which is ultimately the only thing an older man would be doing with a young girl - USING HER!!!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I would be fucking pissed! What business does a 20 yr old man have dating a 15 yr old? I'd nip it in the bud NOW. I made the mistake of dating an 18 yr old when I was 14 and he ended up raping me. I'm not saying that will happen but men that are that much older have different thoughts that a 15 yr old girl. She's probably interested in warm and love. He probably makes her feel good about herself, but that's what they do. They make the young girls fall for them then use them! PLEASE be careful!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Atleast meet the guy 1st. He could be a real sweetheart. :) My husband is 4 years older than me. One more year wouldn't make too big of a difference. Just meet him and if you still don't like him tell your daughter your feelings and go from there. Good luck!!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 4:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• your child is 15 and underage you can make up her mind for her! This guy apparently is a creep. Talk to you daughter and tell her why she can't see him...believe me she'll be mad at first but then she will appreciate everything in the end...
    Anonymous

• So what is she thinking? this guy is 20 and she is still a child,you can have him arrestedfor rape if he has sex w/her not to mention if he got her pregnant.he has no business with your daughter,she has somemore growing up to do he needs to find someone his own age,maybe you need to have a talk with him,have you met him?
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 4:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• No, I haven't met him. I literally just found out about him, and I'm at my wits end with her, she's always been independent but before she always seemed quite sensible and he just dropped her off at our house and I saw. She's gone and barricaded herself in her room and put her music on now.
    Anonymous

• ILLEGAL..............no way in hell would my daughter date someone that old.......when she is 21......whatever...........but until then............hell no!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I am 7 years younger than my husband but was also 22 when I met him. There is no way in hell I would let a 15 year old date a 20 year old no matter how mature or independent she is. It is ILLEGAL and I would have the cops check into it.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• You have every right to be livid. You should stand your ground, who is the mother here? Let her know your feelings, that you disapprove or approve. I am 31 and my husband is 36, just like your daughter it is a 5 year difference in age. We just got married June 22, 2007. My Father pressured him to ask me to marry him. Then again, we were older, graduated from college, and each living on our own. We had the same goals in life.
    Teddy141

Answer by Teddy141 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2008