Is this the society you want? When will this country start using some common sense?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSQTz1bccL4

Young boy arrested by TSA.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40291856/ns/travel-news

TSA groping leaves bladder cancer survivor Humiliated and covered in urine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fmw01mAvkw&feature=player_embedded

Longest line ever at O'Hare.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 12:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You're preaching to the choir, here, Carpy. I agree... I hate the new TSA invasion of privacy.. but it's already been gov't approved, so the only thing I can do is spread the word and boycott the airlines.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• brandyi, Not all cm'ers are members of the choir.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I know... but unfortunately, I don't think you're going to convince those women who see nothing wrong with it. They are just going to be stripped of their rights, one by one, until they move through life like cattle. No thanks...I prefer to live free or die trying!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

•  

THANK YOUR LOCAL BELOVED TERRORIST, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I know... but unfortunately, I don't think you're going to convince those women who see nothing wrong with it.

Are you or are you not one of the drones here who goes on and on about racial profiling?

You must have some kind of integrity before you complain about current safety measures at airports.

If you bitch about racial profiling, then you have no place to complain.

Because then you would be officially on the record as feeling that airports can do NOTHING to prevent terrorism.

No profiling. no touching, no xrays,    blah blah blah blah.

Your inane insinuation that everybody looooooooooves what must be done at airports is pathetic.

We all looooooooooove what the country has become since such measures became necessary.

It's all too sad.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• So then I ask, what would you suggest they do to thwart all terrorist attacks???? It's a lot easier to complain then it is to come up with ideas.. so since you seem to be so against what they are doing then tell us what we should do? I'm sure we're all eager to hear...
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 4:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Only posted about 50 times between yesterday and today momofonelilguy

Do what Israel does

Use dogs and metal detectors..

Profile all arabs throughly..

There ARE other options which are alot more sensible
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Not all cm'ers are members of the choir.--

nor can they carry a tune in a sack, from what i've read.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Well, I used to work for the airlines and we were doing profiling back in the late 90's. That obviously was no good. We've had metal detectors for ages. Not good enough. Dogs are not always going to detect everything--my understanding was that they had tested the bomb that was in one of the packages being sent in cargo with a dog and it was not able to detect it. Any other ideas?
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 5:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• This has NOTHING to do with people's "rights".
    It's safety!!
    Yes, I want EVERYONE patted down and checked before getting on a plane to help avoid the thing blowing up!!!

You don't want to go through it, find another way to travel.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 21, 2010