Do you think this is a bit unfair and tacky?

For people who are pretty much loaded and can shop wherever they want, but chose to go to the Goodwill and walk out of there with 2 carts full of stuff to give out as Christmas gifts. I know the Goodwill is open to EVERYONE who wants to go in, but it seems a bit unfair to me for someone who has so much money to go in there and take all of these nice things off of the shelves so that people who actually NEED to shop there have a crappy selection.

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Shopping

• I think it's tacky to a certain extent especially if you see what type of car they get into...maybe they are rolling around in a cadillac or some new 2011 vehicle, my guess is some people are greedy and not only that but that just make more work for them in the long run because they have to wash all the clothes they've picked out and to me that's not fair. I'd rather shop at target or kmart especially if I were made of money, but to shop at goodwill being made of money is just selfish and lazy!
    thutch21

Answer by thutch21 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Maybe that's WHY they have money. Because they are thrifty shoppers. Maybe we should all pin our W2's to our foreheads so it would be easier for them to determine who they want to let in their stores.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I *could* afford to shop in other stores but I shop at thrift stores because I can't justify spending $20+ on a pair of jeans, i'm thrifty and frugal. I can't afford gymboree brand new for my daughter, but I love finding Gymboree pieces for 79 cents to $2 each at thrift stores. But thrift stores aren't just for those who *can't* afford new, but profits go to charity to help others....it's a win win no matter who shops there.

And I also shop thrift stores for resale on ebay. There are many ebay sellers that do this and they are able to earn an income and help pay bills by shopping at thrift stores and yard sales.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I agree with DMac08. There is a reason a lot of people are well off, they know how to spend their money wisely.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I go to Goodwill alot- not for presents for anyone but, i get alot of books & Baby Blankets for my dog b/c she Loves them & they are only $1.19- i could shop where ever but, i like Goodwill- it is not just for those that can't afford other stores; Goodwill helps the Mentally Challenged with Lots of things- I have Never thought of Anyone being Selfish or Lazy b/c they like to shop at Goodwill- That's a little Crazy!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 1:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• my MIL is rich BECAUSE she shops this way. She knows how to save a buck & how to spend a buck.

She will never pay full price for anything. I actually respect rich people who still know the value of a dollar & respect it. She is very generous in other ways though. She is just a cheapo when shopping. I don't see anything wrong with it at all. She is older & gags at prices these days. Anyhow, we have a BALL at thrift stores. We have found quality stuff for next to nothing. Not only is it cheap, but you can find rare items in those places. Money can be better spent elsewhere.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Agreed!!!!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• my mom is one of those people her reason is its just as good used as it is new and your just going to make it used anyway. when the gifts break or catch on fire there is no place to get it exchanged or fixed. lol or maybe not....
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Maybe they are not all well off as they look.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 12:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• How do you know they have all this money?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2010