No Christmas tree this year?!?!

WOW. Im 27yrs old and I almost cried when my bf said a Christmas Tree may not happen this year. :*( I have never gone without a christmas tree, EVER... Its just not Christmas without it. Its bad enough I live in Fla where there is NO SNOW. blah.. I feel the tree is what brings the Christmas Spirit. But money is TIGHT so I guess we will have to go without. food, and a roof over our heads is more important..........

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 12:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• Don't feel bad sweetheart, my bf and I were born and raised in Michigan where they get tons of snow, and just this past May we moved here to Delaware where they hardly get snow. Well his mom I really don't think believes in xmas trees and I've never gone without a tree myself. This will be my sons first xmas and it kills me not to be able to have a tree so I can get pictures of him with it. If you have to go to a dollar store or something and buy one of those little 10 dollar charlie brown trees, I know it's not the same but that's what we've chosen to do just so we have something to decorate!
    thutch21

Answer by thutch21 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Look on free cycle or Craigslist and see if you can get a fake one for free! Or ask around to friends and family and see if anyone has an extra that you can borrow. I bet you can get a hold of one, if even it's not the best quality. Another idea is Goodwill, sometimes you can get 30% off coupons for one item and they have lots of trees normally and very inexpensive.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Have ya checked goodwill? I understand that it is tight and sorry you are having to go through this but it may help!! Best of luck!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• l if you manage to come up with a little extra buy an artificial tree. We use a pre lit tree I bought 3 years ago at Big Lots for $50, it's a 7 ft. multi color tree, looks awesome and I don't have to pay for killing a real tree every year. They have even basic table top trees for only $10-$20
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Maybe you can buy a small inexpensive tree?
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It will be very hard. But I may be able to convince him to get something. if I have to suck it up and get a artificial tree then so be it. Ill still have us a tree :D
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Why go real when money is that tight? You can go to thrift stores, good wills, salvation Army shops, dollar stores for $10.00,
    Kmart's layaway, and get a fake tree... you then have a tree to save for many yrs wither or not you use it again, you will know
    that you will have it if a real one is out of reach again....

'If there is a WILL, there is ALWAYS a way'
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• you can get a 6 ft artificial tree at walmart for 20 bucks...put it on top of a box to make it taller and put gifts aound the box ;)
    that is how we did it for years!
    If having a tree means as much to you as you say- it will be fine. It doesn't smell the same-BUT the needles won't fall off and it won't dry out!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You could at least get a small table top tree... if you have stores like michaels/christmas tree shops, you can get them on sale as low as 5 dollars!!! and you could make homemade ornaments!! someone mentioned goodwill...my neighbor got a tree there for 15 dollars!! a HUGE tree!! i still cant believe that!!!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 8:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2010