How is killing a deer or a pheasant for food wrong, but eating other meat isn't?

What's worse, raising something just to kill it. Or using meat that was raised in it's natural habitat. How can some people eat a steak, but have a problem with people hunting deer? I guess if people can't handle killing a deer,or a pheasant, they should't move to the midwest. It's part of life out here.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• WOW!!! Uninformed is a understatement!!! I can't believe a lot of what I am reading...and the ignorance of some it is WOW...REALLY??? There are designated "hunting seasons" for a reason! You don't have to live in the middle of no where for this to be acceptable. My husband is a avid hunter like a said before, and if you have good ethics then you will not kill more than you are going to eat and you will not kill if you are not going to eat. I rarely buy meat at the store because my husband brings home most of our meat from the field. We also reaised our own chickens and pigs for slaughter.
    As far as the hunderds of deer go that are being decapitated for their rack...I'd like to see proof of that as well.
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Around here this year we're having problems with hundreds of deer being killed,the heads cut off,and leaving the bodies to rot. I take issue with TROPHY hunting. its for the sake of just killing something

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I agree with you!!! I am not a fan of deer but if that was the case then totally!!! People are hipocrites!!!
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My father was a hunter so either way meat is meat.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• As long as it is killed in a humane way, and the meat is taken care of and not wasted, I have no problem with it. I think most people's problem is they don't want to, or can't wrap their head around killing a living thing, and then eating it. It is vile for me to think about, and I grew up on and around ranches, with a father that hunted. I have never killed livestock, nor game, and I don't see myself every doing it.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It's not... In fact it's healthier for your family than the junk on the store shelves! People just want something to bitch about.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I feel much better about eating hunted meat than store bought meat.
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 1:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I don't think it's wrong. I would not be the one killing it (unless i was faced with starvation) but i would eat it. I agree that it's healthier to eat wild meat.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It's actually why they have open hunting season. Because so many deer are running around out there causing car wrecks and such. If you look at any conservation website, it's promoted. If the hunters don't do it for food, eventually they will have to be killed anyway.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I hear ya. My husband is a avid hunter...most of our meat comes from something that he has killed in the field (deer,phesant,dove,quale,ducks,fish ect.) or something that we have raised ourselves (pigs,chickens/eggs)..the people who frown upon it, are those who think that you are killing Bambi or Donnald Duck...ya know. Home grown meat and meat from the field is a lot healthier for us to eat, because it is not packaged with presevitives and things like that. Deer is one of the/if not the leanest meat that you can eat!
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2010