Do you lie?

This morning I told my mom a white lie to keep her from knowing that my HPT was positive, because I want to tell her when I see her. But it feels SO WEIRD intentionally making my mom believe something that's not true, even for a few hours!

But I know a lot of people tell white lies all the time. What about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I think everyone lies
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No.
    See, I just lied.
    Yes, of course I lie sometimes.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i lie when a person is about to be hurt
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Apparently, I'm very bad at telling lies. Everyone says they know instantly when I'm lying. I get this look on my face and my voice goes all weird.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Only when necessary.....but I do not like to.

Answer by older at 1:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• U are going to tell her the truth just not in her timeframe but in yours...i don't think your God will send you to hell for this one...
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No. I have been told that I put the brutal in brutal honesty.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I am the worst liar in the world but I will stretch the truth...by omitting details to lead someone to believe one thing when another happened. I guess those are little white lies but I try my darndest to be a truth walker.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• everyone lies but in this case especially dont feel bad because hearing your going to be a grandma means a lot to moms and its a huge moment for them that should be done in a special way or at the very least in person. i wont be telling my mom over the phone.
    mrs.sugar

Answer by mrs.sugar at 5:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No, I've never seen a point. I really don't care what others think, and I would rather hurt you today with the truth than later when you find out I lied... I don't believe in "white" lies, there's no such thing... Things are either truth or lies, and frankly, lies help no one...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2010