why dosen't my step son do what I tell him to do?

my step son doesn't do anythinng I tell him to do, why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Because he is an adult.

Answer by older at 1:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• How old is your step son? If he is an adult...then the previous poster hit it right on the head if he's not then it's because he may see you as an intruder between him and his dad.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Well, if he's a teen or young adult and lives in your home he should, but most of them don't want to because they think that if they're adults no one can tell them what to do. As long as he lives in your home, he needs to do his share, and follow your rules....if you've raised him since he was a child...he should listen to you, if you've married his father more recently, then his dad needs to tell him what he needs to do.

Good Luck!! It's very challenging living with "adult children".
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• When did you start being his Step mom? If it wasn't when he was young, then I doubt he will ever listen to you. You are not his parent, but his parents spouse. I suggest you leave the parenting to them and concentrate on developing more of a friendship with him, so you can help to guide him without crossing boundaries. Plus if he is 18 and over, why are you having to tell him to do things? He is an adult, treat him like one.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Most kids don't do what they're parents tell them- I wouldn't take it personally!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• not to be rude but is there some reason he should . Does he live with you ? do you have gardian ship or custody? How old is he ? Why does he need to do what you tell him ? Why cant you live it to his dad? I have too little info to anwer your question .
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You don't give enough information. How old is he? What exactly are you asking him to do? Does he live with you and his father? At what age did you become his step mother? etc.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You need to explain more. Does he live home? How old is he?
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Because he may feel he doesn't have to. "YOUR not his mother". Sound familiar?????????????? lol
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:14 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Need a little more information. Does he live with you? Are you newly married? What are you expecting him to do?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:34 AM on Nov. 22, 2010