Anyone else sick of hearing the kids say "there's nothing to do!!"

These kids are driving me nuts- I've tried art projects, games.... nothing is good enough!!

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• I tell my son if he keeps saying he is bored he can always clean!!! Shuts him right up :-)
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I used to keep a list of chores on the fridge. If one of them said "I'm bored" or "There's nothing to do", they had to take a chore and complete it.
    Trust me--Works like a charm. You won't hear that again!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You know I had this discussion with some parents the other day. My daughter and her friends sit around constantly saying "I'm so bored..." and I remember that I didn't dare say or even act like I didn't have something to do for fear that my parents would immediately put me to work on some unwanted chore like cleaning the house or the garage or something like that. So, no matter what...whether it was playing all by myself with my toys or rearranging my closet, I always found stuff to do. So the answer is, next time they say that, instead of finding something fun for them to do, put them to work. Do this a couple of time and see if they continue complaining.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Oh I can't stand that phrase. My kids have board games, trampoline, basketball goal, video games, tv, computer, books, and friends down the street. And they are STILL bored??? I always tell them either they can find something to do OR I will find a task for them and I will make sure it's a task they will not be bored with. Come to think of it....I haven't heard my kids tell me that for a while.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 1:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• yeah, we don't hear that in our house. If your bored you can help me with my chore list, I can find something for you, they learn fast.
    find something to do or mom will find it for youi
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 3:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• All the time...they have a million things to play with games..ect..ect..and yet they sit around picking on eachother or annoying me with the whole*THERE'S NOTHEN TO DO IM BORED*....AGHHHHHH...i have now started to tell them if they are sooo bored they can go ahead and start on my chores for tomarrow...while they are in school...along with there's...lol (they are playing a game together right now...hehehehehee
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Heard it a lot since my kids were younger. I tell them to go read a book or clean their rooms.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My mom always told us it takes a bore to be bored, there is always something to do. I told my kids the same. We keep busy.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:00 AM on Nov. 22, 2010