Not to be gross, but what do I do?

My boyfriend and I have an almost 8 month old son, I, so far have had 3 of the depo shots for not getting prego again...is there anyway I could possibly reverse that or when is the best time to have sex again if you don't have a period? Is there anything I can do?

thutch21

Asked by thutch21 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have no idea but here's a bump for you! =)
    jmz0707

Answer by jmz0707 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. I think its helpful!
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I don't think you can reverse it or really need to worry about getting pregnant while you're on it. If you're wanting to try and get pregnant agian I think you just don't go in for you next shot. I wasn't having sex at the time I was on the depo shot and honestly noone ever gave me any info about it (foster kid with a caseworker who said no school plays unless you're taking this shot becuase apparantly if you were over 13 you were going to have sex any chance you got). After I stopped being on the shot I just didn't go in for the one that was due and I was probably 5 months overdue before I started having regular sex and for about six months we had unprotected sex before I got pregnant with my daughter (not really a planned thing, call it idiocy on our parts).
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 7:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I haven't had my last shot...I was supposed to have that Oct. 27th but my doctor told me no due to my headaches, and then after I didn't have the shot I have been spotting on and off for the past two to three weeks now...It's not an everyday thing but maybe every other day though....It's quite confusing...do I just keep taking tests?
    thutch21

Comment by thutch21 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Are you trying to get pregnant or prevent it?
    Mena929

Answer by Mena929 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Trying to get pregnant...and Doulala...thank you for the tip on the book I stopped at the library and picked it up!
    thutch21

Comment by thutch21 (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2010