Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ultra sound?

What kind of ultra sound do the doctor do when your almost 13weeks pregnant?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

Answers (5)
  • one on the outside of your stomach - only do you get the ones inside if the baby is too small to see from outside.

    Answer by vakatia at 4:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • Trans-abdominal U/S and at that date of pregnancy they will usually check the nuchal fold and the sex cannot be determined yet.

    Answer by Crystal42683 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • actually vakatia i had a transvaginal ultra sound when i was 14 weeks and when i was 16 weeks, i was also supposed to have one when i was 18 1/2 weeks bu the ultrasound tech screwed up and didnt. so its really up to your dr.


    Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • It'll probably be the outside one, but you'll have to drink lots of water to make your bladder full to push your uterus up since you're still really early. Either that or they'll do the one that goes in your vagina, what fun!

    Answer by prettyrayray at 4:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • I had one at 12 weeks and it was an outside one

    Answer by chellebe at 12:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.