ok i just put a 3lb pork butt roast in the crockpot....

with 3 cans of cr of mush, 1 cup water, and 1 cup milk....how do you think this will turn out? ever done it before? and how long will it take to cook if its thawed and i put the crockpot on HIGH?

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 1:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Don't forget the chicken broth and if you have any type of alcoholic beverage, that works wonders.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• the milk might curdle, especially if it is on high. it might be done in 4 hours, but if you want it to fall apart, 6 should do it.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 1:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• High 4 hours? Low 8 hours, I know for sure. Low slow cooking makes it fall- apart -tender.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• ok i added chicken broth and turned it down to LOW....maybe i will turn it back to HIGH in a few hrs....thanks!
    mamagee1218

Comment by mamagee1218 (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• What sides are you making with it?
    kmrtigger

Answer by kmrtigger at 1:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• well i have a zucchini ion the fridge that i will prob cut up and saute in some butter...only a few of us like that so i will prob also have to have some corn or gr beans...and i eat cottage cheese with alomost everything....thinking about making some quick cornbread too....sound good? any other ideas?
    mamagee1218

Comment by mamagee1218 (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I just use Cream of Mushroom, but the addatives of water and milk should work as well.
    I always put it on HIGH for five hours. That's the best I find.

I also use HUNT'S speghetti sauce. I've also used Sloppy Joe Sauce. Just Plain Pureed Tomato Sauce and added my own spices. Cream of Chicken Soup. Play around with it each time you make it, you'll be surprised what flavors you find are better.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010