Did you give up fb because of the pastor who said married people shouldn't have one?

Did you know he's finally admitted that he and his wife were having a threesome with a church employee?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=12199934

"A pastor who said Facebook was a "portal to infidelity" and told married church leaders to delete their accounts or resign once testified that he had a three-way sexual relationship with his wife and a male church assistant.

The Rev. Cedric Miller confirmed the information reported Saturday by the Asbury Park Press of Neptune, which cited testimony he gave in a criminal case in 2003. The relationship had ended by that time.

Miller gained national attention when he issued the Facebook edict this week. He said it came about because much of the marital counseling he has performed over the past year and a half has concerned infidelity stemming from the social-networking website.

The 48-year-old leader of Living Word Christian Fellowship Church in Neptune Township had claimed Facebook ignites old passions, and he ordered about 50 married church officials to delete their accounts with the social networking site or resign from their leadership positions.

Miller had previously asked married congregants to share their login information with their spouses — as he does — and now plans to suggest that they give up Facebook altogether. The minister also said he would leave the site this week."

Guess you don't need facebook to help you screw around after all?  Seems the answer here is clear - QUIT YOUR JOB!  It causes infidelity!!!

Does anyone really believe facebook makes someone unfaithful who wouldn't still be unfaithful if it had never been invented?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Ummm no, never heard that one
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Why am I not suprised..... it was obvious what he was doing... trying to project his stuff and blame shift to everyone else.
    Sad really.....
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I don't think it causes it, but it certainly makes it easier.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 1:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I gave up on it because I lost interest in it.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• LOL It seems that the ones who scream the loudest about avoiding SIN are the ones who do all the sinning,huh? I have always thought so. Hypocrites!
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• haha no...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• So there's not an iota of good advice in what he has to say?

I think he's caring about other people and their condition.

That is commendable.

It's easy to point at people.

It takes something more rare to actually give a crap about the human condition and to go out on a limb and have the audacity to suggest a fix.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• NO... and to be honest, without FB and myspace before that I would have gone into a serious depression living in Utah...to damn cold to go out/no friends there/and having to quit my job and not being able to find another...FB is the only thing that kept me from completely losing my mind
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Hahahaha...NO. If people are cheaters, they're going to do it with or without social networking sites. I don't think it really makes a difference, it's just another tool they use now. If someone is loyal to their spouse or SO, then they have integrity and trust in their relationship, and it doesn't matter if they have a FB account or not. My DH and I have FB accounts and I trust him. We've also always told each other if we contacted (or was contacted by) an ex on FB, but they're exes for a reason, I'm not worried about them. I usually see the posts back and forth between him and female friends of ours, and they've never made me uncomfortable or question anything about their friendship. I've had an ex who was a cheater, so I have more of an idea of what to watch for now anyway. There are usually plenty of signs if you don't delude yourself about them. I trust my DH though.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Nobody but myself and my husband decide what is right and/or wrong for us in our marriage. If he decides that something isn't right for me to do/say while I'm married to him (or Visa/Versa) then we talk about it and find a common ground. Nobody, I don't care if it's a pastor, family member, or the boogie man .. Nobody tells us what is right or wrong in our relationship. It is about him and I, and we can't live happily together if we're not the ones writing the story.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2010