slow cooker?

How often do you use a slow cooker and what do you make in it? I got one given to me the other day and do not know what to cook in it yet...

logansmom6106

Asked by logansmom6106 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Food & Drink

• you can cook lots of things ... ribs, pork roast, pot roast, stew, cassaroles.
    google slow cooker recipies.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I use my crock pot at least once a week. I usually make a pot roast, beef stew, or shredded pork for sandwiches. You can make soups, dips, soooo many things! Plus it's great for working mommas. Put the ingredients in the pot in the morning and let it sit and cook until dinner time
    jmz0707

Answer by jmz0707 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Beef stew and pot roast!
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 1:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I dont use mine very often but i have a pot roast in it right now and it smells delicious. You can find all kinds of recipies online. even desserts!!
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• love mine, use it often,chili,roast, pulled pork lot of things
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 1:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i like it for tuna casserole....add velveeta, tuna, peas, pasta like florets or small penne, and some milk......sssooooo good! or you can use chicken if you arent a tuna person....google it if you want specific amount for ingredients but its pretty hard to screw up ive never used a specific recipe....
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Beef roast and Pork roast, you can't mess it up, the longer it cooks the more tender it is. i like that you can go to work or what ever and it's done when you come home! Get like a 3 lb. chuck roast, a can of Creme of mushroom soup and a package of Lipton Beef onion mix, put it all together in the roaster on high for 6 to 8 hrs. It's the best !
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'm from a latin family that swears by pressure cookers. It's the same concept just a lot faster.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• FIX IT AND FORGET IT cookbook is full of crock-pot recipes for all size cookers, and you can even make dessert in them. I use mine (I have 3 of different sizes) all the time. It's a wonderful way to fix home cooked meals and not have a huge mess to clean up afterwards. If you will spray your pot with Pam before putting anything in it, clean-up will be even easier.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I use mine so much, at least once a week, more in the summer. Roast, chilli, soups, meatballs, saurkraut w pork, hot sausages. I do typically cook things in it all day, like 4-7 hours depending on what I am making. The lnger things like roasts and pork cook the more tender the meat.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 1:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2010