Is this how a solid marriage suppose to be?

I bump into a male friend from the past today while on the phone with hubby. He came from behind and said hello close to my ear but I couldnt see and didnt know who it was. I turned around and I was startled. I said hello, mention my car wasnt working, and I was on the phone with hubby. My husband got upset cause I forgot what I was saying when I was interupted and he said I wanted him to feel how he wants me to feel. He called back a minute later to ask how close he was to me.

ylonda

Asked by ylonda at 4:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• I'd have advice if I knew just what it was that you were asking. This is kinda confusing...
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Me too, can you clear it up a bit? Hubby sounds kind of cranky!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Why is he so not-trusting? how close is he? if he aint all touchy touchy, does it matter?
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 5:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• There is alot more info needed to answer that situation. Did you say your husband said you wanted him to feel the way you wanted him to feel? It's awful when you are on the phone with someone and they lose track of you for whatever reason. Even if it wasn't your fault, did you say you were sorry you were interupted suddenly and startled but you didn't mean to hurt his feelings? Sounds like your hubby thinks you don't care about his true feelings. Is that possibly what he meant? Communication is a common issue in marriage. It needs constant work in many relationships to make it better and stronger. That is how marriage is supposed to be.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 6:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2008