What do you think the consequences of N Korea having nuke capability is?

It worries me, how about you? I still think Obama is crazy to think giving up missiles and weaponry is going to be good for us or the world.

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 2:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the N. Korean government is crazy as shit and everything they do only makes the world more unstable.

I don't mind giving up a few weapons as a symbolic gesture, but I am perfectly happy to live in the only country that retains second strike capabilities and I'd like it to continue.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I was just reading where NK has built a uranium enriching facility

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101121/ap_on_re_as/koreas_nuclear
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think it all depends on intent. I believe the nation (ie. the people) deserve to have the technology and comforts that nuclear energy provide. And, as unpopular as this sounds, I don't think we should be the only nation with nuclear weapons technology. They are a sovereign nation and should be able to make weapons. However, I think Kim Jong Il is completely aware that if he gets froggy with the USA or any other nuke-capable nation, that his country will be wiped off the planet. So I don't think he is planning on attacking anyone... I just think he doesn't want to be seen as the weak kid on the playground anymore.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Agree with upshe...upshe you aren't a lib are you? Libertarian? Independent?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• North Korea, China, Russia, Venezuela and Iran...the new "allies." A threat in the making imo.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• The consequences remain the same no matter which country would let one of those fly.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2010