Pregnancy Test Question

Okay so i have taken a pregnancy test a while ago(maybe a month and half) and it said neg, but today i looked at it again and it had one dark line and a very faint line. It's been sitting a while but i may of not noticed the faint line when i took it the first time. But i have taken pregnancy test since then and they said neg. but lately i have been feeling queasy and my back hurts, headaches and clear discharge. I need advice of what you think. Is it possible to test neg but still be pregnant? Thank You!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• goodWelcome to Mommahood :) It prob. said negative since it was too early. Thats normal :) Next, go to the doctor and get another done thats more valid. Sounds like a(n) early Christmas present to me!

CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 2:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You cant go by a pregnancy test that has been sitting that long....it says that on the instructions....Get and take a new test...if its neg then no if its pos then take a blood test from the doc.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Make sure you are doing it first thing in the morning before you drink any thing that way your urine wont be diluted and the hormone will get picked up easier. Also what I did was to pee in a cup then dip the tip of the test in it that way you know there is enough on it. Good luck it sounds like a positive to me!!!
    mom23ks

Answer by mom23ks at 2:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Definetely use the FIRST pee of the morning.
    Dont let it sit long.
    When I did this, it worked for me. I went to the doctor and just re-pee'd in a cup. waste of plastic I tell ya'.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 2:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Pregnancy tests are not accurate after about 15 minutes, so if it changed after a month, it is definitely not accurate. I'd get a new one and test first thing in the AM. Also, if you feel like you can decide whether it's positive of negative, you could splurge on a digital test.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• yes
    mary40407

Answer by mary40407 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Get a new test. Use the first pee of the day, and don't trust results after 10 minutes, they won't be valid. It is possible for it to be negative and be wrong. good luck.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2010