How to make a complaint against my son’s day care?

I’m am looking for info on where I need to call to report my son’s day Care

(Florida)

Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• there should be a state website for childcare centers that gives info, requirements for each type of center, and a way to make a complaint. these sites usually are at a ".gov"
    scaruso08

Answer by scaruso08 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I would call the attorney general and the BBB. THe attorney general should be able to point you to the agency that does the childcare licensing for your area.
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• In Florida, I don't know if it's the only place or just one, but I know you can contact Department of Children and Families if it has to do with abuse and neglect. I don't know if they actually handle it or if they just take the info and direct it to somewhere else, but I know you can contact them.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I hope our kids don't go to the same daycare!!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I am also in Florida and I know that it depends on the complaint's nature. If it is a health and sanitary issue you can call the health dept. If it is poor business practice call the better business beauru, some cities local knews stations may take up your story. In Naples it is called trouble shooting. Good Luck....
    superchik

Answer by superchik at 6:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Thank you!!
    sara76c

Answer by sara76c at 6:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Better Business Bureau

onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 8:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2008