Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to make a complaint against my son’s day care?

I’m am looking for info on where I need to call to report my son’s day Care


Thank you

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Answers (7)
  • there should be a state website for childcare centers that gives info, requirements for each type of center, and a way to make a complaint. these sites usually are at a ".gov"

    Answer by scaruso08 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • I would call the attorney general and the BBB. THe attorney general should be able to point you to the agency that does the childcare licensing for your area.

    Answer by Crystal42683 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • In Florida, I don't know if it's the only place or just one, but I know you can contact Department of Children and Families if it has to do with abuse and neglect. I don't know if they actually handle it or if they just take the info and direct it to somewhere else, but I know you can contact them.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 4:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • I hope our kids don't go to the same daycare!!

    Answer by charisma10 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • I am also in Florida and I know that it depends on the complaint's nature. If it is a health and sanitary issue you can call the health dept. If it is poor business practice call the better business beauru, some cities local knews stations may take up your story. In Naples it is called trouble shooting. Good Luck....

    Answer by superchik at 6:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • Thank you!!

    Answer by sara76c at 6:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • Better Business Bureau


    Answer by onespecialmom at 8:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.