My kittten has a cold

I have a 5 month old kitten who picked up a cold or something from my older cat. He has a very stuffy nose. I am giving him eye drops from the vet (antibiotic steroid) but he seems miserable. Anyone have any home remedies for a stuffy nose you can use on kittens?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pets

• You can try steaming up the bathroom and sitting in there with him, or place him in a little travel cage, put a towl over that and a humidifier. It just takes time, the antibiotic should kick in soon and upper respiratory infections can be common, good that you have him on the meds though!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• awwww so sorry to hear that. i love cats and hate seeing them miserable. but try what the poster above said. keep us posted.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You can ask your doctor for clavamox antibiotic and get the kitten tested for tape, hook, and round worms and then give it medicine for any positive tests.
    kristablush

Answer by kristablush at 7:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Put a tissue up to his nose & tell him to BLOW! LOL
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:04 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would have it checked for an upper respritory infection. THat would require an oral antibiotic. That stuffy nose won't go away with eye drops. They won't get rid of the stuffy nose without antibiotics and I would take your older cat in too if he is showing signs
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 22, 2010