What do you suggest

I've been in my current relationship fo 2 years now and I know and fully understand that in the beginning, I made some poor choices with trying to be friends with an ex and still be in my relationship. Well, now that ex of mine isn't in my life and I manage to save my relationship up til now. My significant other still will not trust me and keeps coming out with every excuse in the world as to why he refuses to trust me: in his words, he's trying to make sure I don't cheat on him like other girls have done. He has told me not to compare him to my exes and then he says that most girls don't want to be with him, so why should I want to be with him? I've been trying really hard to make this work from my end, and so far, it has ben really rough. Should I give him more time to start trusting me or should I tell him if he doesn't stop his crap by next summer then o hit the road? Right now, I'm torn between trying to make my relationship work, and standing up for myself . Since being with him, I've lost most f my friends, except for 1.

RhodaD10

Asked by RhodaD10 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• You created this distrust so I would say if you want to stay in this relationship, you need to give him some more time and proof yourself.

Answer by older at 2:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would let him go. 2 years or not. Its time for him to saddle up, get over his fear of cheating and ride on if he cannot. Its not worth loosing your friends. You recognize your past mistakes and he should realize that you do know the difference now. If he is that blind, let him go. You are not married.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 2:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• To me, given only this information, it sounds like HE'S the one with trust issues, and no matter what you do or say (or don't do or say), there will be problems. If he doesn't want to admit this, then you're in for a bumpier ride.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• After 2 yrs I'd be gone. If he isn't working on his trust issues by now then he's not going to start now. His insecurities are enough to make me leave

Answer by admckenzie at 2:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Well, to the first one on my response-list, I have been trying to prove myself. He's got me on a tight leash. To the others, thank you.
    RhodaD10

Comment by RhodaD10 (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think I would get some relationship counseling for both of you. It sounds like there are a few things off in your relationship.
    momofkids

Answer by momofkids at 7:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would move on and find someone who would trust me and who I could trust. There are too many good men out there to waste your time with this "poor old me" jerk. There is no way you will ever be able to please him and isolation is one of the first signs of an abuser. Run don't walk out the door!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 10:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Sounds like he is depressed and you will never be able to prove yourself to him.
    kansasmom1978

Answer by kansasmom1978 at 11:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2010