This about sums it up for me. How about You?

'Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores in July, 2002, and in New York Sept 11, 2001 and have continually threatened to do so since?Were people from all over the world, not brutally murdered that day in London, and in downtown Manhattan, and in a field in Pennsylvania?
Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?
And I'm supposed to care that a few Taliban were claiming to be tortured by a justice system of the nation they come from and are fighting against in a brutal insurgency.
I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11 and 7/7.
I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere belief of which is a crime punishable by beheading in Afghanistan
cont..

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 2:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.
    I'll care when the cowardly so-called 'insurgents' in Afghanistan come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques and behind women and children.
    I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of Nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.
    I'll care when the media stops pretending that their freedom of speech on stories is more important than the lives of the soldiers on the ground or their families waiting at home to hear about them when something happens.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a soldier roughing up an Insurgent terrorist to obtain information, know this:

I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I kind of agree.

It's either a war or it isn't, and it think its important for people to accept that horruble things happen during a war, on both sides.

I don't agree that we're on any kind of moral high ground.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Sums it up for me too.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You did a pretty good job, Carpy.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• missed some of it
    not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take this to the bank:
    I don't care.
    When I hear that a prisoner - who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and 'fed special food' that is paid for by my taxes - is complaining that his holy book is being 'mishandled,' you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts:
    I don't care.
    And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled 'Koran' and other times 'Quran.' Well, believe me!! you guessed it ......
    I don't care!!

Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Hmmm, sounds to me like you are no better than them then.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• So basically your philosophy is make sure to throw out justice and morality for the sake of revenge. Well, there's a lot of people that think that way, chief among them, terrorists.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• See it how you wish but

I don't care.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• you can take this to the bank:
    I don't care.

YEP! ...If i'm gonna be called terrorist for not caring if these POS Islamic terrorists get tortured then WHATEVER! Common sense is almost totally lost anymore I see.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Exactly how does NOT caring how a terrorist feels make one LIKE a terrorist? Or, no better then them? Not caring about them being mistreated after all they have done does not put someone on the same level as a terrorist. We do not have to bow down to them. We are allowed to care more about our selves, our families and our own country then we do their terrorist asses. Legally (it's our freedom) and morally.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2010