Ladies: I feel like the loser on the block, my yard looks a mess. The neighbors are starting to stare as this has been a problem for several weeks now but I was recently laid off and can't afford any professional help nor do I have any yard equipment.. Any inexpensive tips on making the yard look a little decent??

mamameka1

Asked by mamameka1 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would ask the church. Sometimes they have volunteers who will come lend a hand and some equipment

Answer by admckenzie at 2:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Can you barter with someone to do it? Make a couple of dinners or babysit or something?
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Try asking a friend if you can use their yard equiptment. Im sorry about you loosing your job...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• ask friends and neighbors if you can borrow equipment
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 2:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Get rid of all the clutter. Pull the obvious weeds that are around the house-going up the driveway. If you have any flower beds that are dormant get rid of all the dead stuff. Maybe after they see you making the effort they will come help you or offer some help. Lot's of times you can hire a neighborhood kid to bring over his lawnmower and cut the grass-costs about $10-20 around here. Make sure your windows are clean and shiny and there you go!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Ask the neighbor if you can borrow their mower and you can pick up the trash with your hand and a trash bag.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yeah, what they said! Most of the time neighbors will let you borrow their stuff as long as you put the as in it.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 2:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I have a beautiful year for cheap! No clutter in the yard at al, use your hands to pull all weeds, and dead plants, rake, ( borrow if you have o) and trim all bushes and plants. Go to a hardware store and buy cheap plants to place in pots and plant i the garden area. I have a 10 dollar bird bath from family dollar, and a beautiful windchime, and always sweep the porch and drveway! Good luck!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2010