2 kids in the same room....

Anna (4) and Colin (2) are in the same room and have been since Colin arrived...I know they cant stay in the same room forever when would YOU make the switch...we would be moving Colin in with our 8 yr old Or into his own room if the other room gets finished soon. Colin and Anna are really close and I worry about both of them having troubles sleeping in their own rooms too!

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 2:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I think i would wait another year..i see nothing wrong with waiting till the other bedroom is finished..they are both still young and your daughter is not asking for privacy yet, thow im sure you have her change ect..in another room or with him out of the bedroom...i think its fine you shouldn't worry yet and i think its great they are so close..start off really slow when you move one out of the bedroom ..and maybe your daughter will be able to help him get adjusted to the change...
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I would say move any time might be okay. Start out first maybe like on the weekends. Or have them take a photo or a stuffed animal that they each like and then let them trade them at bedtime. My girls ages 9,7, and 5 all sleep together.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• If their rooms are side by side might be easier. Maybe Anna could help you with Collin?
    My kids share a room and when our house gets done, they will have their rooms.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 2:38 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'd say you can wait another year, and maybe by then the other room would be ready.

Answer by Bmat at 2:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Im from alabama and there is actually a law that says a boy and a girl can not stay in the same room after the age of 6.
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• By school age, so another year or two.
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 2:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'd let them until your daughter starts to ask for privacy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2010