No matter what your view on religion is....

Do you think the world is going to end soon? I know this question is kind of weird, but I hear so many people say...this is the sign of times...meaning the earth will soon end. Such as the weather change etc.....I think its just a cycle the earth goes through....yet so many say Jesus is coming back soon...or the world is going to explode...I really don't give much thought to this...but I heard today the world has gone to hell with all the security that is needed in Airports and Muslims out number Christians... I look back to the biblical times and see so many wars, plagues, and destruction...worse then it seems to me....so how is the weather and security ending the world?

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I don't. I think that times have been better... and they've been much worse. I'm sure the Earth's 'lifespan' isn't indefinite - but it's anyone's guess when it'll happen.
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 2:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No, I don't. I don't think it will be happening in our lifetime, or anytime soon...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I dont think that the world is going to end....People always set a date that everything is going to end....y2k was suposed to be the end of electronics....and guess what....now they have eletric cars.... so that was wrong....so now 2012 the world is going to end....so in 2013 im going to laugh at the people that were freeking out the whole year before lol....but thats just me. =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:54 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• *oh - and to clarify, I don't believe in an Apocalypse in terms of a Second Coming or anything. When it ends it will either be our own doing (war, pollution, etc) or something completely natural, like something to do with the sun. I don't believe in a predestined end of the world planned by God.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• The end of the world has been predicted over 200 times in the last 2000 years by numerous religions and people..... we're still here, the world is still turning, I don't believe it's ending. People just need to have something to freak out about I guess.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Define soon? Is 4.5 billion years soon? compared to 50 billion, I guess it is. Compared to next week, not so much.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• According to the Bible we are living in the "last days" (2 Timothy 3:1) with critical times hard to deal with. No the earth will not be destroyed because the Bible also says that it "will stand to times indefinite". (Ecclesiastes 1:4) It does state that wicked people will be destroyed and the meek will inhabit the earth.(Proverbs 37 10-11)
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think people see what they want to see...

my grandmas church had her absolutely convinced the world would end in 2000 and here we are!

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Nope.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• There is a difference between the end of the earth and the end of the age.
    The bible talks about the last days ... this is the last age before entering into the Millennium. There will be destruction but the earth will be restored to the days of Adam and Eve in the Garden. Those living on the earth in those days will be different ...those that belong to Jesus and accepted Him will dwell on the earth and they will be workers of the Kingdom... working together as one to help restore the land around them. What will happen to those that chose to reject Jesus.... eternal seperation, there will be no way for them to be able to join with those that did accept because light and dark cannot dwell together period. Sin corrupts and that cannot have a place in the New Jeruselem. There is more about this on mikebickle.org
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2010