How often do you do dishes? How many dishes have to be in the sink before you wash? Do you sometimes leave dishes overnight?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• 3 - 4 times a day...more (lots more) if it's a holiday. It's always a full (stuffed) dishwasher full. We're a family of 7.
    anninflorida

Answer by anninflorida at 3:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I do the dishes once a day. I will wait till after dinner.....Sometimes I get to busy after dinner with other things and fall asleep before I get them doen that night...so I do them when im making my coffee.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Dishwasher gets run at night when we go to bed, in the morning I unload it, and during the day we put our dirty dishes in it so that I do not have a sink full.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Once a day
    I'll leave really stuck on baking dishes to soak

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I used to do them every night. Now, that I'm pregnant and am so worn out from working a lot, I just have no motivation to do them every night, so every few nights. But, luckily they do not get piled up too high b/c I also have no motivation to cook, so we pick up food a lot more now.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 2:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I load the dishwasher all day and run when it's full. If I'm waiting for them to dry then I'll leave whatever is in the sink for a bit until I can unload the clean ones. Sometimes, if it's close to bed, that means overnight.
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 2:54 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• this might sound wierd but i love doing dishes it is my stress reliever after a long day of work and taking care of the kids i put them too bed and then clean up the kitchen and on weekends i do them right after we eat every meal
    missbree4

Answer by missbree4 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I do dishes throughout the day. But I use the dishwasher one a day or every other day.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 2:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I never leave dirty dishes in the sink ever. That is a major pet peeve to me. I get totally grossed out if I see that at someones house. I wash dishes right after I use them. I have a dishwasher and I rinse the glasses & utensils & put them in right away. If I only have a dish & spoon, I'll just wash them out & put them away. I run the dishwasher when it is full. My sink gets washed out after I do dishes as well.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You are not the only one. My dishwasher is broken, so I have been doing dishes at least twice a day. It is such a pain in the ass!
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 2:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2010