OK we all know no safe amount of alcohol is good while being pregnant..but has anyone ever have drank a bit here and there and everything was fine with baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• can of worms

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I never drank while pregnant and I have a perfectly healthy and developmentally advanced 3 month old.

Do not drink, too many risks involved :(
    BraythansMom

Answer by BraythansMom at 3:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I HEARD that a glass of wine is okay but I don't believe it.

I did not drink while I was pregnant and I have a very healthy and smart 10 month old. I would risk my child's health for something that stupid.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 3:14 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• There are no studies done to say how much alcohol is safe. However, it is customary in many other countries to drink even when pregnant. However, I have a theory on that. They are able to metabolized the alcohol in a different way because they have been casual social drinkers for centuries. Here in America, our drinking habits are much different (binge drinking, etc) and so our bodies react differently. Anyway, if you KNOW you are pregnant DON"T drink! You have only 40 short weeks to help create this baby why mess that up?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I drank about 3-4 glasses of wine a week while I was pregnant.

She is just fine. At 2 years old, she had a larger vocabulary than her 4 year old nephew. She just started a new daycare and they are amazed at how smart she is.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I have had a handful of SMALL glasses of RED wine. I never did it during my first trimester and I don't think I even before 20 weeks pregnant. Everyone has their view points on it. Some people think that it is TERRIBLE. I really enjoy the taste of red wine so when I have a glass I just have probably a few oz of it. I did this with my first pregnancy as well and my Daughter is very advanced for her age. If you want to have a small glass I say go for it!!! I know that I will DEF. be having a small glass with my Thanksgiving meal!! :) Enjoy!!
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• just had a small glass of wine last night, and it isnt the first time this pregnancy. This is my third pregnancy, and I have had one here and there in very small amounts wih each.. And no, absolutely no problems with baby By the time it makes it through the whole digestive process in your body, little to none enteres the placenta anyways....

I think the biggest issue is that some women are just stupid and dont know limits...
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 4:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• no i never drink with any of my kids
    mary40407

Answer by mary40407 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2010