Would 2 drunk guys kissing be considered gay? (do not know where to put this)

Back story: My DH and his bestest bestest friend(BBF) in the world, and is currently on leave from a tour of duty, have done a few stupid silly "drunk" moment activities (not sexual but insinuation of sexual activity...ie: drunk BFing, groping(sp?), touchy feely stuff but all in good fun)
Well DH and his BBF were well beyond drunk and were singing Kareoke at a local bar (OUR bar we call it because we are there often and we are good friends with the owner so we claim it as Ours LOL) and DH's BBF was all up in his face like he was gonna kiss him (BTW: they were singing "I'm Too Sexy") So DH grabbed his BBF and planted a kiss on his lips...It was a crack up but I over heard these girls behind us (who we had never seen in the bar before) start complaining that it was gayand how sick it was and continued getting louder and more obnoxious about it. They do not know us nor do they know "how we roll" lol but the whole thing was innocent and out of good fun (These two, DH and his BBF, do stupid shit like this all the time so it doesnt bother me at all).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't say it excludes the possibility that either of them is gay or bisexual - but it certainly doesn't prove in the slightest that they are.
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 3:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I believe that people use being drunk to cover up for doing things and say they didn't mean it because they were drunk so it doesn't count. Guys love their friends and usually hold off on hugging,touching,because they don't want to come off as being gay. Sometimes when they've had a few,the love comes out inappropriately.
    i'd catergorize it as "homo-erotic ish"

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Something about this is sending warning bells off for me. I've been around a lot of really close friends while drinking and never seen two guys take it that far. Arms around shoulders...singing...even saying "I love you Man" kinda of stuff. The whole grab, touchy-feely on top of a kiss is way over the top for me. I guess the other thing is if they are doing a lot of silly crazy stuff while drunk...maybe the drinking ought to slow down for a while. Can't tell you why but I would be wondering if the BFF isn't at least Bi-curious.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yeah, I'd tell my husband he was gay if he did that. Couldn't imagine it ever happening though. Although some guys are just sillier than others and that type of stuff doesn't phase them.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yes, I agree, being drunk gave them a little freedom to have a little more excuse I think.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 3:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Well if it was 2 girls would it be considered gay? Not really. So I'd say immature but not necessarily gay. They must be very secure in their manhood to do that, though. Most men wouldn't want the even think about that! Either that or one wants more...lol!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think they were just drunk and silly. No one drinks in our house, but I guess it seems like it was all in fun. I have a sister who drinks and I don't get to close to her because she will kiss you. But not on the lips, she aims for the nose for some odd reason.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 3:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• If it only happened once, no, I think that's just guys goofing around. If it happens every time they're drunk together, then that's something to explore.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Yeah...this is another BULLSHIT moment...my husband and one of my ex bff's used this excuse last xmas when they both got so shit faced that I found them making out in a closed door room. My dear...us girls don't even do the groping thing so why is okay for the guys?
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 3:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I have to agree with Grandma -- my DH has plenty of close buddies, none of them have ever taken it as far as your DH and BF.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2010