Embarrassing Question adult content

I am a little over 6 weeks pregnant. I have been starting to have vivid wet dreams that pretty much keep me horney and wet for the rest of the day. I know that I have read a few articles that said that sex and masturbation will not cause you to miscarry. If you have a miscarriage it's because something is wrong with the baby and therefore couldn't be carried for the whole nine months. While this is embarrasing, we have not been told to stop sex unless I had spotting. I have only had 1 spotting occurence and that was with a pelvic exam that the OB did which she said was normal.
I am sooo scared of losing this baby as it is my first pregnancy that we haven't had sex in 6 weeks. Should I believe that sex and masturbation doesn't cause a miscarriage and just go for it? I have heard that some of the best sex you can have is during pregnancy.
Any advice I would have. Please don't mean or judge me though. This is my first pregnancy and I don't want to do anything that has even a .01% chance of helping to lose the baby. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think you're definitly safe - but if it makes you feel better just take it easy.
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 3:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You're good to go on the sex. Just don't do anything too crazy like hanging from the ceiling fan lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• im in my second pregnancy now, but it really isnt bad to have sex during the pregnancy, it wont hurt the baby. just wen ever u get bigger u have to remember not to do it in positions that have u laying flat on ur back.
    AmberLeTTeBxtcH

Answer by AmberLeTTeBxtcH at 3:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It's perfectly safe, unless your OB tells you it's not - if you're high risk, etc. It's great stress relief :)
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 3:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I had amazing sex dreams while pregif dr want s you to wait to have sex,Id say handle it yourself.thers nothing wrong with taking care of you
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 3:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I miscarriage last year and I was told having sex won't cause a miscarriage. I totally understand your worry. After my miscarriage last I found out I was pregnant 4 weeks later and I was worried until I got out of my 1st trimester.... I'm 6 weeks 1 day pregnant now and still worried.... When my son, I had the best sex drive.... now this pregnancy I don't want anything to do with it.
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 3:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Most doctors will tell you that sex is actually good for a baby. Unless there are other complications, you are fine.

You should also know that slight cramping and slight spotting can occur from sex. Neither is harmful.

Keep in mind that an orgasm is like a massage for the baby.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• having sex is safe, your sac is pretty strong, it won't break that easy. Besides you are only 6 weeks, enjoy it.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Sex is amazing i am 7 weeks and 2 days preg and the big "O" is SOOO great best it has ever been it is also my first baby and i havent even seen a OB yet my first ultrasound is dec 6 so i am having sex untill i find out what the doc says but its normal and wont hurt the baby.
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 6:27 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• lay on your side with him behind you sex is great and there is no harm to the baby
    mary40407

Answer by mary40407 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010