Moving to another state and license is about to expire...

I go to court on Nov 30 to petition to move to another state. My attorney says that there should be no issues since I am only moving across state line (25 minutes from where I currently live).
My drivers license is about to expire on Dec 1. I really hate to renew in this state when the next day I have a 99% chance of moving.

Would you renew in your current state or go ahead and get it in the new state?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• just wait until you move. you have a certain amount of time to change it. call the DMV and ask what the time is. in arkansas, we found out it was 10 days, after a change of address. state to state, idk.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Wait.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 5:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It's not worth risking it expiring. You will have to go through more work with an expired drivers license. I know in VA its only $10 to renew which is cheaper then driving on an expired license ticket!!
    andria82

Answer by andria82 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I wouldn't wait I had a similar problem when moving to Ohio from Cali. I went to renew in Ohio the day it expired and they told me because it was the day it expired I had to go through getting the drivers permit and taking both the written and actual driving test again...... Not a problem but kinda a hassle. Each state has its own rules and as others have said its not worth a ticket for driving on an expired license.
    Alyia72

Answer by Alyia72 at 3:40 AM on Nov. 22, 2010