"I didn't know I was pregnant." Do you know anyone who delivered a full-term baby, without knowing she was pregnant? adult content

My daughter's friend, who is a bigger person did. She called me one Friday night, looking for my daughter, and told me she was in the hospital. I thought she might have been with her daughter, and then she told me she had a baby boy that afternoon! I was so shocked. I'd just seen her like 2 days before. She went to the ER with excrutiating back pain, and was told she was almost ready to deliver. Her son was healthy, full-term, and normal. Do you think that's possible, or are they just in denial?

cbk_mom3

Asked by cbk_mom3 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Health

• never knew anyone,I kinda find it had to believe but I geuss anything is possible.
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 3:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• denial!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• See, I tend to think it's denial, also. I've been pregnant three times, and even though I'm a bigger person, I KNEW all three times. There was no doubt in my mind, but I guess if a woman's mind is not really in that mindset, they would deny it, and not really think it was.
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I have had 3 women come into the ER in full active labor one was crowning telling me "im not pregnant" all 3 young 19ish
    even after I put the baby on ones belly and asked her to hold it so I could get cord clamps and a doctor she said "its not mine" I LOL and said its still attached to you she just kept yelling its not mine WHATEVER
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 3:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• LOL. Merlrn, I bet that is pretty interesting to have that happen. I assume they all did finally accept it, and left with their babies?
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I have not met someone like that. I think its more for the tv ratings than anything else. I agree with the denial portion of the whole thing. And, its NOT just curview ladies, its sticks, too!
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 3:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Curvier*
    CandyHorse

• A lady I work with was going to the doctor for months with fatigue. nausea, achenes and feeling bloated all the time. They did teat after test after test. Pregnancy never came up as an option since she was 38 on BC and having regular periods. They finally did an ultrasound and SURPRISE! They found a 8 month baby girl. She was delivered via c-section 3 weeks later
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i dont know anyone myself but i really do like to watch the show whether or not the people to it are in denial or not but its still a good show.
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It is an interesting show, you are right, meagan.
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010