Best vacation?

What has been your favorite destination for a family vacation, a place you went with the kids in tow?

spottedpony

Asked by spottedpony at 3:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Travel

• I went to Alaska when I was aa kid. I am taking my son in February for a wedding. We won't be able to do much because of the cold. But I want to take him back when he is older. I went on a glacier cruise, went deep-sea fishing, took a bus tour through Denali, went hiking, waded through tide pools, went to an aquarium... It was so much fun.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have so many. I'm a single mother and my son and I just went to New York Together for the 1st time in Aug. He was only 10 months. It was great we walked through Manhattan and Central Park. I carried him on a sling on my back, it killed my back so much but I still had fun.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• We had a great time in Jamaica. We went to a place called FDR (Franklyn D. Resort.) Each family receives a vacation nanny, who watches your kids so you can do adult things or just sit on the beach while it's nap time. You can also pay her overtime for the evenings and have a romantic dinner at the adults only restaurant. If you want to go on an excursion she comes with you if you'd like or gets a few hours free.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Sesame Place or Bush Gardens were both nice. I went to Chicago with my daughter and my sister and her daughter. That was very nice. Muskegon, MI was great. Went to San Diego/Orange/LA Counties before kids but would like to go back with them. (or without! lol)
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 9:31 AM on Nov. 22, 2010