Question about UK reality nanny style shows

Over in the UK do they have a slew of realty television shows sporting gum chewing, baseball hat wearing Americans that go into peoples' homes and scold them, in efforts to teach them how to train the family dog, raise well behaved children, or help the brits get off their butts and find jobs? Or is it that British accent that only does the trick? Just wondering.

spottedpony

Asked by spottedpony at 4:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• I don't think it's the accent as much as the attitude.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 4:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• That is a good question.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I don't understand what the actual question is here. There have been nanny shows on here for years with British nannies helping American families learn to handle their unruly children.... The shows you're talking about have American nannies and dog trainers helping British families? Or did I read that wrong? Clarification please!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• No, you read it right. I just noticed one of the stations has a show where yet another British person comes into American homes to help find a person a job.

So, just to clarify, we have the British nanny straightening out our unruly children, the British dog trainers coming to train our unruly dogs, the British makeover team coming to help us dress and apply our make up properly...and now the kicker the British head hunter coming get us a job!

So, I am asking if there are a team of very stereo typical Americans over in the UK carrying out the same duties, just for the sake of irony.

Okay, this question, by the way was meant just for fun...hence the category I chose, but it did give me a chuckle and I am hoping the same for you.

And *deep breath* the last comment I will add is that I do not mean any disrespect to the British. I do have 3 really close British family friends living in London and the Cotswolds and here.
    spottedpony

Comment by spottedpony (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• lol....nope I don't imagine any Brit would be taking advice from anyone from North America for any of those things lol.... Who knows. Reality TV is an enigma to me. Most of it leaves me shaking my head and wondering what the world is coming to. Remember way back when in the days where people successfully ran their own lives, trained their own dogs, disciplined their own kids, kept themselves relatively healthy and in shape without help, found their own jobs, lost weight on their own, became famous on their own, got dressed on their own....?

Nah...me neither!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:39 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• your guess is as good as mine....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 23, 2010