Would this bug you?

In our church we have what's called the "Mother's Room" for Mom's who's babies are crying or whatever. I usually end up in there with my son because he is only two and just doesn't get the whole sit and be quiet thing. Every time I am in there we always get these teens that do not want to sit in the main sanctuary so they go in there and sprawl out on the floor and text with their cell phones. It gets on my nerves because there is not that much space in there and they shouldn't be in there anyway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes it would bug me. Can you talk to the pastor?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• The parents should do something about that, like keep an eye on their kids and take the cell phones when it is church time. That bothers me and I don't even go to church.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 4:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• We have a rule for the nursing room for mothers only moms and nursing babies allowed... even fathers cannot go in.
    You need to take this up to leadership and have them address it.
    We have another rule where kids have to stay in the sancturary during worship and not run all over the building. We let them wander around during worship and wave flags and what not then take them to children's church afterward.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It would bug me too.. I agree that you should speak to the pastor.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 4:58 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Give them the boot! Does your church have a teen room or lounge they can go to? I would talk to the pastor too.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 4:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• That would bother me a lot. I would definitely bring it up to the pastor. Teens are old enough enough to sit still through a service and wait until afterwards to text their friends.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 5:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Oh, yes, it would bother me. Children, young like yours (and mine, lol, he's almost 3), don't understand yet. But teenagers (and even tweens) should be able to sit through a service.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• They should not be in there, period. The church needs to step in and set clear rules, including the children's age limit.
    What do you do if you breast feed and need privacy. I would think that is what Mommy Room for.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 7:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• that's a horrible idea. talk to the parents but don't say dumbass shit like 'congrats on becoming a grandparent' that's just asanine. tell them to keep their brats out of that room and suggest taking their cell phones away. the parents are responsible for all of that, just like aj said.
    lizdixson

Answer by lizdixson at 9:54 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• They should be more respectful but we are talking about teens :) I would probably say something like "You ladies look so pretty today. ((gush gush, twist hair lol)) We love it when you play with our babies but we would appreciate it if moms could have some private time ....." That is just how my personality would handle it GL.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 5:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2010