I seem to get a lot of yeast infections while pregnant...anyone know of a good way to prevent it? It's SO annoying!

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• To add to the first two ladies, also changing your underwear often or using panty liners can be helpful. Pregnancy can make you more moist pretty constantly and keeping everything clean and dry will help to not let the yeast breed. Also, opt for cotton underwear as opposed to satins/rayons/silks. The cotton allows the best breathability. Drinking 1 glass of cranberry juice a day is also helpful not only for yeast but for your entire urinary tract.

Answer by supershlea at 8:56 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Eat lots of yogurt and if the Dr. ok's it, take acidolphilius works for me! Also, it wouldn't hurt to cut back on sweets!

Answer by gabby423 at 8:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I agree with the 1st reply. You should also decrease the amount of sugar you eat b/c yeast breeds on sugar. That means switching from white breads/flour to whole wheat, less candy, snacks, etc. and if you eat more than 3 or 4 servings of fruit a day, that will have an impact. If you're a big fruit eater, try trading off some of those servings with fresh veggies.

Answer by KDW211 at 8:49 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• You can cut back on sugar (yeast feeds off of sugar and refined carbs), take a garlic supplement, probiotic, or add a low-sugar or plain yogurt to your daily menu.

Answer by faeriemamma at 10:24 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• yes i agree yogurt is a wonderful thing also your underware should have a white cotton croutch, it helps as they have no dyes in them

Answer by yathere at 12:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Has your doc checked to make sure it is yeast? I thought I was having yeast infections when it was in fact a single stubborn bacterial infection. It took 4 months of treating for yeast before we figured out it was bacterial. I used a different Rx and it went away in a week. It might be worth bringing up with your doc because infections like that (whether yeast or bacterial) can cause early labor - I had to go in and get labor stopped twice because of it.

Answer by amazon_jane21 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2008