Have you had 'a moment'

that made you believe in what you believe?
I believe in God, and all that i've read. BUT I haven't had that 'moment' where its like 'oh my goodness. thats what all this means' or something like that. Does that
make sence?
I have a family member who had mold growing in her head from a previous surgery that was messed up, and she went to the dr to set up a different surgery to get it fixed, she blew her nose (i'll leave out details) and she was healed. There was no way that it could have just happened. It was way up in her head.
SO
with that being said. . .has anyone had a moment?

I think my problem is i'm so unmotivated. With everything. Its not just this or that. Its everything. . .Just reaching out to see if anyone else has been in a slump like me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know if I had a particular moment when I instanly believed, but I had a time when I really questioned God and his plan. ~~ My son was diagnosed with leukemia and i really struggled with the "why's and how's". It brought me a lot closer to God and the soverignity of His plan!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 5:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I've had many moments. I choose to see what is magical/miraculous in my life. One of the best things that I have found is practicing gratitude. It's very easy to forget what is going right and what is good about ourselves, our relationships, our lives. Some people need drama to be reminded, negative or positive. Gratitude is healing. When I follow my strongly-held beliefs and do not ignore my intuition, life tends to go pretty smoothly, leaving time to appreciate the small things. I was given a tool to use that helps center me and put things into perspective and have done "readings" for people with it - based on your intuitive response, not tarot cards or anything - that they have found very helpful. i would love to do one for you - at the very least it will give you something to consider.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:12 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i dont think Ive ever really had an epiphany. I was indoctrinated into the church as a teen and just kind of went with it. At 23 i came back to God at a time when i was very down and depressed and I cant remember why but I just started crying my eyes out and at that point i was iving for God wholeheartedly and things were getting better. I dont know what brought me back down and why i pulled away from him again.
    EmilyRoseLovett

Answer by EmilyRoseLovett at 5:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I could go on and on about those "moments" as you describe. I've had two instant healings and have been used to help minister to others. Many things can't be explained, and that leaves the only explanation to be God.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:17 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• yes I do. I went to the doctor and they said I had cervical cancer and I went to church and got prayed for went in the next day and they took test and came back that I didnt have it praise the Lord. Also my brother had a golf club go into his brain someone hit him with a golf club and it went through his head and the doctor said he is going to die. But I know a God that healed him . They also said if he did live he wouldnt be able to talk walk drive etc.... But now he is doing all that and Just had a baby boy praise the Lord. God is so good and if you believe in him and have faith he would do so many things for you in your life. One time I was broke had no money at all. Then I got a check in the mail for 950.00 and pray the lord thats what I got for paying my tithes. God bless you all and I have more that God has done for me and I thank him so much

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• nun

hinson7169

• The reason I beleive in my faith so strongly is because I study it, then I realized it, then it became real. I have many moments, and am so blesssed to be able to see them.
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 7:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I believe in God because I know he has sustained me. There have been so many situations that I should not have made it out of. I look back on my life and realize that someone had to have had a purpose for me and only God is powerful enough to do what he has done. I love God because he loves me, he takes care of me and even when I'm at my lowest and feel like I'm about to fall he always catches me. I have many moments of worship where I just feel his presence and I just get more thankful than anything because I know I don't deserve any of what he has done for me. He sustains me and continues to do it only because he loves me. His grace is sufficent.
    ayindemommy

Answer by ayindemommy at 7:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• he helped me get over the drug addiction i had. he alone. thats when i knew he was there for me when it seemed i didn't seem worth it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I'll admit I did have an big "aha" moment, but maybe, just maybe He's giving you little "aha" moments. Sometimes I get too busy or gung ho on a day and almost miss them. For example I can be thinking of a problem, and turn on the radio and the song's lyrics seem to be answering my question/dilemma. That's God. I know He has been there even on a day when I'm late, and He turns the light green when I need it. This is the guy who has "raising people from the dead" on His resume, but he doesn't have to be THAT miraculous all the time, sometimes, he's just there to support us in the small ways, and we just have to slow down and see those great moments. Add up those small moments, and that becomes something pretty big. Just my thought.
    GNMom88

Answer by GNMom88 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2008