In search of a UNIQUE, not TOO hard to make, Thanksgiving dessert..not a regular pie, or cookies, something fun and different!

ANy ideas?

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 4:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Holidays

• My favorite, after Pumpkin Pie, is the Gingerbread Trifle. It's a Paula Deen recipe. If you like pumpkin, gingerbread and whipped cream this dessert is for you lol. You can find the recipe on her website.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• 1. Graham cracker crust
    2. Mix 1 8oz pkg cream cheese with 1/2 big tub of cool whip and 1 cup of powder sugar, place in pie crust
    3. your favorite type of pudding make into pie mix (reduce the milk) pour over the crm cheese mixture. Let set up in fridge.
    4. The rest of the cool whip. Place on top.
    5. top with crushed nuts, shaved chocolate, andes mint pieces....
    This makes 2 pies.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• 7 up cake
    Jello poke cake
    Banana pudding
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• we make jello salad....it's strawberry/banana jello, mixed fruit (drain if you use the canned), your choice of nuts (we used pecans or walnuts) whipped cream make jello per directions, let set in the fridge about an hour or until it's setting but not "hard". Add fruit, nuts, whipped cream, hand mix, let it finish setting up in fridge. This is a nice light, fruity desert rather than all the other wonderful heavy things we eat on Thanksgiving.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 4:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Better Than Sex Cake. I had it once, never got the recipe for it. But sure you could google it. It's chocolate, and other ingredients of course.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I already planned to make the pies, but next year (or maybe next week), I'm going to try a pumpkin cheesecake recipe I saw on the Neelys' show on the Food Network. A few steps, but not hard.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My all time favorites are Johny Cakes!
    johannahsmommy

Answer by johannahsmommy at 5:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2010