A month of love?

Hey cafemom! I have a question can you find "true love" in less than a month? I ask because my young sis who's 18 claims she found true love when 2 months ago she was in a relationship with a married man! I told her to just focust on herself and of course she didn't listen. The married man went back to his wife and I think she's still heartbroken over it. I try to talk to her but all she says is I wouldn't understand. To be honest I don't think anyone can find love in less than a month but that's IMO

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• group hugMaybe you might want to approach it a bit different. Minus your 'views.' Just be there for her and let her know that you are open to listening. I dont blame her for thinking you might not understand (no offense) due to your views on the subject. However, she is young and Naive as we all once were. You are being the big sister and she just might not see it that way :) Just be there for her. Thats all you can really do.

CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 4:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• A lot of people do find love that quickly. I guess time will tell. If it were me I'd just let her live her life. (Minus the married men, lol)
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I met and married my DH in less then 4 months. Been married 21 years. True love or just luck I found the right guy at the right time?

Answer by louise2 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i met my husband on july 1st 2009 he proposed on my birthday july 26th and we were married on october 31st 2009. were still madly in love and i knew he was the one on our 3rd date. it does happen. it sucks that she fell for a married man but she may really be in love with him. i was head over heels for my hubbs about a week into our relationship and i know it sounds crazy but hes my forever. i would try and at least consider that what she is feeling could be totally real and just because you dont understand cause youve never been there doesnt mean it couldnt be true for her. wish her luck moving on and just be supportive.

mrs.sugar

Answer by mrs.sugar at 4:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• See this is what I forgot to put in my sis always feel that way about her men! Always it never fails! Every guy she brings home she says she's in love!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• me and my DF knew we loved eachotnerh after 3 weeks.. and weve been together now 2 motnhs shy of 6 years... its harder than waiting and getting to know a person soemtimes yur like ugggg if id ahve known you snor id never ahve fallen for you... lol
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 5:43 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Perhaps your idea of love and her's is different.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• If he will cheat on his (ex?) wife he will cheat on her when he gets tired of her.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I married in 7 weeks, My mom married 3 months after meeting her true love, my grandma married 4 weeks after meeting her true love. Momma stayed married for 20 years (they just celebrated their 20th this year!), and my grandma was married for over 50 years but grandpa died a couple years ago... I think if you are mature enough, then yes you may find your true love within a month, but 18 is QUITE YOUNG!
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 10:47 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I did !!! in fact in less than 2 weeks!!! DH and I were moved in with one another within the first month and married within the first yr...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 10:59 PM on Nov. 21, 2010