Is your bedroom a kids free place? Or are they allowed to play and watch tv in there?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• My room is a kid free zone. Once in a blue moon they are allowed to sleep in there with me, but it is the only room in the house that I have for just me and my things and I like having someplace they don't think they are entitled to.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:09 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• Nope, she's allowed everywhere in the house. I don't allow her toys in the study, but no kid-free zones in my home. It's her house too!
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 5:00 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• My bedroom is a toy free place...lol The kids can come in and hang out if I am in there for some reason but they have their own bedrooms, a playroom, an office/game room, and a living room to play in. For me I need one place in my house to escape the madness at the end of the day.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• They are allowed in our bedroom, but they don't hang out there and there are no items of theirs back there. My bedroom is MY bedroom and it is my adult sanctuary where I spend time with my husband renewing our relationship nightly.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:04 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Mine is kids free. I think they should respect personal space. It is not meant to be mean, it is more for MY SANITY!
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 5:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• my child is allowed anywhere in the house. there are no kid-free zones in a home...how cruel!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:57 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Our kids are allowed in our bedroom as well as any other part of the house. I don't mind them playing in my bedroom as long as they clean up afterwords but they don't do that very often because everyone has their own rooms and they also have a playroom.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 5:10 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Unless I'm in there the kids are not allowed in my room.  That's my space and there's no reason they need to be in there.  There's no TV, just my bed and my clothes (hubby's stuff, too).  Other than to use my bathroom (with permission) there is no reason they need to be in there unless I'm in there and they are talking to me.  I don't allow them in my bed either.  The only time they ever slept in my bed was when they were babies.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• kid free. its my room. they have theirs.. i need a place to come and not see toys and know if i need a 5 min breather they wotn follow... unless they are sick or need to use my bathroom, or i leave the door open when im on the internet, even then they still ask...
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 5:42 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Only if we are in there. No toys are to be kept there. It is a kid free zone b/c it is my dh and I sanctuary where we relax and catch up.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2010