Feeling Emo when I leave her ..

So Im one of them Moms who hate to leave her kids with people , But Lately I find i need some me time even if its just a trip to the grocery store , but when i leave Brooke with anyone she flips out , My Daughter is 5 an in the 5 years i can count on one hand how many times i have left her with someone an that someone being my parents , so any tips on making this easy on her would be great .. you rock

BrookesMum

Asked by BrookesMum at 5:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• hi..there are times that we have to face things like that for the good of ourself and for the family...reality really bites but we have to...learn to be matured enough about it and time will come your kids will understand...
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• It's just a matter of doing it more often. Allowing your parents to come to your house and spending time with her while you do chores or something. Getting her used to being alone with them, knowing that you're going to come back. It's also important to prepare her before hand. "I'm going to the grocery store and you're going to stay with Grandma. I'm going to be gone for one hour and then I'll come back to pick you up." Show her on the clock on long one hour is even, so that she can see for herself how long she has left before you come back. Pack some of her favorite things when you take her over there to help her feel more comfortable.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Shouldn't she be in pre-school?
    Anonymous

• Well, I think it's a phase. My daughter doesn't really have trouble going away but then we've got unique circumstances for oru lives.
    You might try letting her take a favorite stuffed animal with her. When my MIL was going away for a week on a long trip they took their 4 year old daughter to the Build a Bear and she got to make a special bear that they put a voice chip in so that Mama told her I love you when she hugged it. They named the bear Mary Kay since it was for a mary kay conference that she was leaving, but now that she's had a couple surgeries requering Eliza to go to see her TuTu down the other end of the state when she goes she'll tkae the Mary Kay bear with her so she knows that mommy loves her even when she's not right there. So that might also work make or by a special animal for just when she's going to be away from you.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 6:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Unless you plan to home school her, I highly suggest you continue to get away for a bit and foster her independence...school is coming!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:54 AM on Nov. 22, 2010