Does anyone have the Samsung Epic 4G phone from Sprint? Or does anyone here work at Srint?

Not looking for a bunch of "No, I don't" answers here.....looking for someone that does have it to compare notes about problems I am having. Whenever I make a call, the screen goes black and won't come back in....can't end the call, can't use mute or speaker or anything. Doesn't seem to be any way to get it to come back on, it just comes back whenever it wants.

Indyk

Asked by Indyk at 5:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Technology

• I don't have the epic but I do have the evo, and it sounds like it is a hardware issue, like it keeps power cycling. You are probably going to want to get it repaired, before it is not useable at all. Thats sounds like what my evo started doing, then it evetually would continu to powercycle and reboot and then go off until the battery died, I had to take it in, they wouldn't give me a new evo, even though it wasn't anything I did to the phone, and I had to pay 35 dollars to get a referbished phone. You will have to take it in to a Sprint repair shop to see if it can be repaired first. If not then they will give you a refirbished one, unless you had it less than 30 days. If you need more info message me...

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 5:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• there is a problem with the phone. It is a technical issue. If it got wet and have the insurance i would get it replaced. How long have you had the phone
    mommysangelface

Answer by mommysangelface at 5:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• 4 1/2 weeks, just too long to take it back. We went to the store today to have them look at it and they wanted to take it and have tech support send me a refiub!! Uh, NO!! I JUST bought this phone new out of the box and paid a pretty penny for it! If I had bought a refurbished phone, I would have paid a third of the price. I want them to replace it with another fresh out of the box phone! And, yes, I have the insurance and no, it hasn't gotten wet.
    Indyk

Comment by Indyk (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2010