HOW DO YOU KEEP A 3BR UPSTAIRS DOWN STAIRS CLEAN WITH 2 KIDS UNDER 5 BOTH I WORK DAYS AND HUBBY WORKS NIGHTS

I DO MY DISHES AND LIVING ROOM AT NIGHT BEFORE BED IM NOT A VERY ORGANIZED PERSON IM WORKING ON IT SLOWLY

momma051209

Asked by momma051209 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i have upstairs/downstairs and 4 kids under age 4. i clean while the kids are napping. i clean while they're eating. i also clean while they're watching a movie, or just playing nicely. you'll figure it out.
    Michelle451

Answer by Michelle451 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Just try to do the best you can. Try to divide into days. I do laundry everyother day, dust once a week, windows once a week, strip beds once a week if they can make it till them, tues or bathrooms and vacumn. If like me and no one comes over just do what you can. Put away as you use things for an idea. I always go throught mail as soon as get. Just do the best you can. sometimes get the kids to help. mine likes to do windows and dust for some reason
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 5:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• The one thing to remember is that there is a difference between messy and dirty. I would at least strive for clean and work on the messy as you have time. Also,no matter how young the children are, they can still help pick up their messes, bring dirty dishes to sink, put laundry in hamper, pull blankets up on bed (not made but blankets not on floor), etc... This way they learn some responsibility for their messes and hopefully it carries on with them.
    I always liked the main living area picked up when I went to bed at night and the dishes done. That way at least it would look like my house was organized even though I knew it always wasn't.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 6:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• You know you do as much as you can, and don't get upset if it is not spic and span. Maybe do your normal things and then work on organizing a section for 15 minutes, might take a few weeks to be complete, but you won't wear yourself out doing it and it will eventually get done.

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 5:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I live in a huge house, upstairs, downstairs and an in-law suite. My one tip is, put things needing to go upstairs/downstairs in a basket. There is a basket at the top of the steps for when I notice hey, this has to go down and same for going up. But I kind of just clean things as they need cleaned, because after cooking, laundry, dishes, hard cleaning just comes when I have time
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 5:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• THANK YOU ALL THIS TOOK ALOT FOR ME TO ASK IM NEW TO ALL THIS WHEN I LIVED ALONE IT WASNT THE CLEANIEST BUT WHEN I DID I KNEW IT WOULD STAY LIKE THAT
    momma051209

Comment by momma051209 (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I also live in a two-story house. Have 3 kids(teens/pre-teens). They help with their own laundry and cook once a week for the family. But, since my husband and I both work FT, I find it easiest to do deep cleaning only when company is coming over. Throughout the week I will always make sure to have a clean kitchen sink, wipe down toilet seats and bathroom counters(we have 3 bathrooms & Clorox wipes are my best friend), empty all trash cans when needed. I spend one day a week on all laundry and grocery shopping(and these things usually take most of the day). Vacuuming, dusting and washing windows and bathroom mirrors get pushed to the back burner, but I try to do both once a month(again, unless I'm having company).
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 6:19 PM on Nov. 21, 2010