"If you don't like TSA security, choose another mode of transportation. You don't NEED to fly"

Let's play your little game and follow this logic through to conclusion ....

What happens when they decide that football (or your sport of choice) games are at risk for a terrorist attack, and they set up this security "screening" there for all patrons to go into the park? Are you going to say, "watch the game on tv, you don't NEED to see it in person?"

What happens when they decide that the subway is at risk for a terrorist attack, and they implement this security "screening" on the subway? Are you going to say "take the bus, you don't NEED to take the subway?"

What happens when they decide that the bus system is at risk for a terrorist attack, and they implement this security "screening" at all the bus depots? Are you going to say "drive your car, you don't NEED to take the bus?"

What happens when they decide that churches are at risk for a terrorist attack (after all they are "Christian-hating Muslims," right?), and they implement this security "screening" in your church parking lot? Are you going to say "they have services on the Internet, you don't NEED to go to church on Sunday?"

What happens when they decide that schools are at risk for a terrorist attack, and they implement this security "screening" in your school parking lot? Are you going to say, "homeschool your kids, you don't NEED to send them to public school?"

What if they decide that too many people are avoiding this security "screening" by finding alternatives, and they begin implementing this security "screening" all over town - to gain entrance into shopping malls (which are terrorist targets), amusement parks (which are terrorist targets), or any other place where a significant number of people go. Or maybe they start setting them like they do DWI checkpoints... at random, right in the middle of traffic, where you have no way of avoiding them .... will you continue with your fallacious logic? "Well if it keeps me safe ..." Will you continue to submit like sheep? When will you draw the line in the sand, and tell them enough is enough?

Gal51

Asked by Gal51 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• excellent points... are we willing to go this far and have our lives controlled by the government and become more "communist like" ?
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Seriuosly...airplane are the only ways terrorists have to kill people now?

Cause i remember one time, this crazy white dude drove a truck into a building...I don't get a pat-down everytime i drive into a parking garage.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:05 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I'm still waiting for federal agents to come to my house and make my kids pbj sandwiches for lunch. Since peanut butter is as likely to kill you as a terrorist.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:46 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Exactly! Thank you!

I was thinking about it today. What's next?
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 5:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I agree there has to be a better way. And reading all these articles in the newspapers online, it is beginning to make me nervous about flying with my 3 yo and 5 yo across country. I mean it is a trial enough just to make the flight and add this to the rising prices will the airlines start to lose money and not be able to remain.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:21 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• and continue to go about your normal little life, well guess what not all of us were that lucky. A lot of us had to sit there and know that we have lost someone, and hope that maybe just maybe they didn't go to work that day. And eventually realize they are gone. And every time you see a clip of the towers falling or September 11 comes around you relive the heart ache! NO I refuse to put my country at risk again, I am for all measures of protection! Weather they make you uncomfortable or not!

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 6:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• Gal isn't against ANY security measures just THIS sort..duh
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:43 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Israel does it differently without groping folks..plus there are trained dogs and other techniques..this is not the only way..not to mention it isn't keeping us safe..it won't detect everything.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2010

• So if we shouldn't protect ourselves then what the F**K are we doing in the war??????? If we shouldn't protect our country then why are so many soldiers lives being lost????? If you didn't lose anyone in 9/11 and you have never had to feel the pain of losing your loved one to a terrorist act, then I think maybe you should rethink you freaking selfish thoughts. Actually only about 20% of Americans disagree with these measures, the other 80% are fine with it. I can pretty much assume that you think the rest of us should put our safety at risk because you feel like it is violating you and because it makes you uncomfortable! Well I think, and my family thinks that we have been violated! We had to go through and deal with the loss of my uncle because security was lacking. It is easy to say your little comments when it actually hasn't affected your life. You probably just got to watch the towers drop from your TV

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 6:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i did hear that the machines are dangerous for the body like x rays thats not good
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 6:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010