About how many points does your credit score drop after a credit card inquiry?

The score in question is around 650, and there hasn't been an inquiry in about 2-3 months - the first was from a housing loan program, and the most recent one was for a credit card. Do you think it will have dropped by a lot, or maybe just a few points?

sojourner.

Asked by sojourner. at 5:45 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• Very little. A couple points, if any.
    DazzlednSeattle

Answer by DazzlednSeattle at 5:51 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I think you need to lay off your friends . EVERYONE parents differently so what works for you and your family doesn't for others. I am a working momma and I wouldn't butt my nose in any of my friends business . So why don't you mind your own business.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:41 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I know it is a few points but not exacty sure how much, I do know that if you are applying for a loan or something that it is recommended that you try to get all of the credit checks you may need within a few days and you will lose less points.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I've heard that it's about 10. but it should jump back up within a month of the inquiry.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I know if you cancel a credit card it's 70 points off your credit score idk what an inquiry is though
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010