Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Would you call the cops on your single mother friend selling weed? adult content

Yep, have a friend who is a single mother, lives at home with her parents, doesn't work and goes from one bad relationship to the next! Kids dad sells weed too, but he isn't in the picture much. She doesn't listen to anyone's adivce and continues to do what ever the hell she wants no matter who it hurts (mostly her daughter and her parents) Would you call the cops on her to make her WAKE THE HELL UP and realize she is fucking up her life?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (26)
  • No remove yourself from her friendship

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • Yes and maybe CPS

    Answer by louise2 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • I have but it was more because while she was selling her weed her little girl was out playing in the middle of the street

    Answer by admckenzie at 6:16 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • I think I would have to. I would have to do all I could to help the child.

    Answer by Cindy18 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • Yes! I called CPU on my BEST was very hard to do but her children were could have been really hurt and being neglected. She never found out it was me and thought it was someone she worked with...we are still best friends and she has changed her ways and is an excellent mom =)

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • I would tell her I'm going to do it if I see it happening again. Then I'd follow through.

    I was a visiting nurse one time, visiting new moms/ babies. While I was there, mom was smoking a cigarette, nodding over the baby. Then someone knocked on the back door and I told her I would hold the baby. With me sitting right there in full view, she traded money for drugs. Then came back in and nodded out again. This was in a rural area before the age of cell phones. I went to a payphone and called my supervisor and asked if I could call the sheriff. She said no, but I could report to CPS. I did that. They went out 3 days later and the place was vacant, that woman was never found as far as I knew.

    Answer by kjrn79 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • No, not to "make her wake the hell up". You can't make someone do that. Many times, those who are arrested will simply blame the laws, blame the police, blame the idiot who turned them in - but not wake up.
    But yes, I would photograph her activities and call the police to report her illegal activities and also CPS.

    Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:22 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • i would mind my own business, she'll get whats coming to her and if it bothers you that much i'll end the relationship just stay away if it's that bad worry about self,especially if she's hard headed.........sometimes when people get on her ranting and wanting to call the cops makes you wonder what else is really going on like what's the real reason you're telling come on now youit sounds like you've known this for awhile and now you want to tell

    Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 6:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • No, it's not my business and no one can know the entire story anyway.

    Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

  • not if she was as cool as Nancy.... But honestly, I would just remove myself from the situation, I wouldn't view it as my problem, she's not beating her child, she's feeding and clothing her kid, and she has grandparents to help her child, so I just wouldn't be friends with her anymore

    Answer by gypsymama532 at 6:34 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.